Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recruiters

It seems the IT sector in the SF bay area is quite, I wouldn't use the word desperate, maybe, eager to find bodies. It's a very different feel from when I was searching in Chicago. The Chicago job search of 2001/2002 was an exercise in futility what with the .com bubble burst and all. I've heard people around here (SF) talking about how is level of recruiting and head hunting is nearly pre-bubble levels. This is good and bad. All tho I am getting many calls from recruiters, those calls aren't translating into as many actual job interviews. I've had a few phone screens, a few tech tests, but so far no offers. I still have at least 3 weeks out here house-sitting/couch surfing while I job search. I just need to be mindful of my pennies. Another downside is that I'm spending so much time job searching that I'm not getting progress made on my 3 personal iOS projects. I need to block out some time.

Sidenote: At first I was getting a lot of what I thought were collect calls from recruiters. Turns out I think it is just Google Voice calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment